Sunday, November 8, 2020

No Quackery Here

 


Here are real DUCK stories.

Even a karaoke song.

I kid you not.

The objective being, to have a bit of play.

The world's too crazy.

We must be like a bunch of happy ducks, catching some sun.

Mask, and all, we take that dip.

So, will entertain you a bit with educational duck lingo, a FREE advertising site, and finally, the cute karaoke song.

They all came together on their own today, so I'm merely sharing with you -- to bring a smile to your face.


1. WORDS.

What do you mean by "ducks in a row"?

Dictionary dot com says it's to "complete one's preparations, become efficient and well organized".

Wow, are you organized?


What do you mean by "sitting duck"?

Merriam-Webster says it's an "easy and defenseless target".

Oh, boy, we better be not be.


What do you mean by "duck"?

Wikipedia gives a good description and definition of the noun.

Used as a verb, "duck" means to "take cover". 

I suppose super heroes can "dodge" bullets, and mere mortals have to "duck" from attacks hurled at our person.


What do you mean by "quack"?

Cambridge Dictionary says it's "to make the usual sound of a duck" or a "person who dishonestly pretends to have medical skills or knowledge". Verb or noun, I chose the noun.

I'm a quack architect, thus, the blog.


2. FREE advertising.


I was waiting for someone to purchase Traffic Ducks*, and today, someone finally did!

Thus, I signed up right away, confirmed my email address, logged in, and put in my ads, thinking to myself I'll promote it on this blog.

Ducks have to stick together, ya see.

For no trouble at all, you receive the following:

-- 1,000 credits

-- 2 solo ads

-- 2 long banners

-- 2 square banners

-- 2 text link ads

-- FREE graphic and online marketing tools

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's online marketing lingo. And if you're curious, you'll sign up under me here.


*I shared this blog post with Traffic Ducks and got a response today, "Your site quacked us up."

No need to apologize admin George, it did me, too.


3. KARAOKE song.

Want to polish up your "counting"?

Or have a kid who needs to?

Or plain just want to have a fun time?

I found myself singing along, mind you.

Methinks I'll keep hearing it in my sleep.

Click the video below.



Updated 25 January 2022