Friday, September 23, 2022

GOOD for BRAIN health


 Isaiah 64:8

King James Version

8 But now, 

O Lord, 

thou art our father; 

we are the clay, 

and thou our potter; 

and we all are the work of thy hand.


Has it really been that long?

That I've been inspired by a structure?

Thanks to a feature I saw on cable today.

Frank Gehry's structure was stunning.

A fantastic, convoluted structure.

And I learned that building was called Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health.

So very fitting it would also be located at quirky Las Vegas, Nevada.

Wikipedia reports:

"The center is approximately 65,000 sq ft (6,000 m2) and includes 13 examination rooms, offices for health care practitioners and researchers, a "Museum of the Mind", and a community auditorium. The center also serves as the headquarters for Keep Memory Alive, the Las Vegas Alzheimer's Association and the Las Vegas Parkinson's Disease Association."


Had this building appeared when I was studying Architecture, perhaps, I may have become a full-fledged architect.

Perhaps.

But GOD had other plans.

He made sure there was nothing especially interesting at school.

I've always loved studying, but there was hardly time to digest stuff.

Sure, we studied Sir Banister Fletcher's "A History of Architecture".

But history of architecture is a study in itself, and cannot be surface study.

At least, for me.

I liked to absorb what I study.

Gehry's brain health structure is a 12-year-old beauty, and it came too late for me.

Still, I can appreciate its quirky, wavy lines, use of materials, and spotless facilities.

Methinks it's good for my brain health.

I had been fed a diet of pyramids, Greek temples, European churches, American buildings, a host of other popular architects.

But I did hear of Frank Gehry then.

Just didn't realize his works were revolutionary.

Seeing the documentary, and videos on the link below, woke my dormant brain cells, regarding design.

We all need a good dose of inspiration.

As born again, GOD lifted my thinking to another level.

Of really serving man, and not ego.

Thus, the PRAISE village I was creating in my mind.

And now, Gehry gave me more ideas.

Curiously, Frank Gehry had a particular affinity for fish design.

Such that, it was incorporated in his buildings in various countries.

I also learned he had Russian-Polish Jewish roots.

And I think to myself, it would be great if he believed in JESUS, who asked His disciples:

Matthew 4:19

King James Version

19 And he saith unto them, 

Follow me, 

and I will make you fishers of men.


I am happy that SPIRIT alerted me to Gehry's work today.

May all our work honor JESUS.

And may it always be useful to man.

Ephesians 2:10

King James Version

10 For we are his workmanship, 

created in Christ Jesus unto good works, 

which God hath before ordained 

that we should walk in them.


SPIRIT gives believers lots of inspiration.

He gives us life!

I thank Him for today.

And every day.

2 Corinthians 3:6

King James Version

6 Who also hath made us 

able ministers of the new testament; 

not of the letter, 

but of the spirit: 

for the letter killeth, 

but the spirit giveth life.


Related material:

DOC Frank Gehry - Architecture In Motion

Frank Gehry's TED Talk in February 1990 - My days as a young rebel

CLEVELAND CLINIC LOU RUVO CENTER FOR BRAIN HEALTH

9 Things You Didn’t Know about Frank Gehry

13 Iconic (and Wacky) Frank Gehry Buildings

13 Outstanding Frank Gehry Buildings and Their History

Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health by Frank Gehry

Robert Harding photos


Image: Cygnusloop99